Monday, October 7, 2013

Why Worry When You Can Pray?

Dwight L. Moody once said, "Every great movement of God can be traced to a kneeling figure." If I'm craving to see God at work in my life and the lives of those I love, this is where it starts... with a fervent focus on prayer.

When I was a little girl, my mother used to sing me a little chorus, and the truths of these simple words have stuck with me all these years:


Why worry when you can pray?
Trust Jesus, He'll be your stay.
Don't be a doubting Thomas,
Rest fully on His promise, 
Why worry, worry, worry, worry
When you can pray?
 
The choice is mine to make: I can allow worry and fear to rule my heart, or I can rest on God's promises and have faith in His plan for my life. Lord, help me to trust You completely!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
During the month of October, bloggers from far and wide are linking up their posts on one topic for 31 Days. Check it out at The Nester's blog!

i'm doing it!


No comments:

Post a Comment