Tuesday, October 29, 2013

{Day 29} ~ Needing Direction?


A few months ago I was driving down my road a typical sunny summer day. Out of nowhere, I was faced with a sight that took me off guard.

Cows.

What’s so unusual about cows? You might ask. If you know me, you know I live in the country, so seeing cows shouldn’t be a surprise.  

But these cows… these cows were standing on the side of the road. Roaming free, but looking quite lost. They weren’t inside the fence in their usual pasture.

When they saw me in my big SUV, they looked a bit surprised as well. And then, as I made my turn onto the next country road, they followed me! When I decided to pull into the driveway of the farm house where I thought they belonged, they ran right up to the gate of the pasture.

These cows needed some serious direction. And you know what? So do I.

There are times in my life when I feel like those scared, directionless cows. Lost. Alone. Needing someone to point the way. And yet, instead of praying and asking the One who promises me direction, what do I do? I fret. I worry. I try to fix things myself. Duh! I’m just like one of those stupid cows!

James 1:5 says, “If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you.”

This is awesome, friends! The God of the Universe is willing to offer His wisdom to us! He doesn’t say, “Oh, it’s you again? Will you quit bothering me? Last time you asked me for something, you really messed up.” He gives generously without finding fault in me or my request!

Thank you, Father, for not giving up on me. So many times I wander around, lost and without direction. Instead of running to You, I fret and worry. Help me to remember that You promise me wisdom and direction if only I will ask.

“I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you with my loving eye on you.” Psalm 32:8

 

No comments:

Post a Comment