Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Day 3 ~ Hide-and-Seek Hope


We’re told never to lose hope, but we’re rarely told where to find it. Why is it that hope seems to play a game of hide-and-seek when we need it most?

The answer is a bit complicated. Hope is never hiding; it isn’t ever “lost” – if it’s the right kind of hope.

The way I see it, there are two kinds of hope. There’s the “wish upon a star” kind of hope, the stuff dreams are made of. And then there’s the solid, unshakable hope, the kind you can be 100 percent certain of.

That’s the kind of hope I’m talking about in this series. This hope is not based on dreams or wishing, but on faith and trust in God and His plan.

It’s this hope that the Psalmist refers to when he says: “Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long.” Psalm 25:5 NIV

This, my friends, is the ONLY place true hope can be found. In God alone. Not in ourselves, our spouses, our savings accounts, our jobs, our health, our friendships, our college degrees, our social standing, our families, or our houses.

Because all those things can disappear in the blink of an eye.

So, if you lost absolutely everything tomorrow, what would you have to live for? What would give you hope to carry on for another day? Your answer to this question might just uncover the answer to where your hope lies.

Is it in God? Or something else?

Please join me tomorrow as we continue to dive deeper into the subject of hope!  

******************************
I'm linking up all month at The Nesting Place for the 31 Days of Change blogging challenge. There are over 1,000 topics to choose from! Check it out by clicking the button below.

No comments:

Post a Comment