Sunday, October 28, 2012

Day 28 ~ The Solid Rock of Hope

 
I grew up singing the traditional version of this hymn, "The Solid Rock." The lyrics still bring back a flood of memories from my childhood... seeing my little grandma singing in the back of the church, watching my mother playing the piano up front, and knowing in my heart that these words were as true for me as they were for my parents and grandparents.

This upbeat version by the group Avalon may be a bit different than the one I sang as a girl, but the words still resonate within my soul:

My hope is built on nothing less
Than Jesus' blood and righteousness
I dare not trust the sweetest frame
But wholly lean on Jesus' name

On Christ, the solid rock, I stand
All other ground is sinking sand
All other ground is sinking sand

Is your hope in Christ, the "Solid Rock"? The world around you may be crumbling, but if your hope is in Him, you are secure!


******************************

If you'd like to start at the beginning of this 31 Days of Hope series, click here. Thanks!
 
I'm linking up all month at The Nesting Place for the 31 Days of Change blogging challenge. There are over 1,000 topics to choose from! Check it out by clicking the button below.


No comments:

Post a Comment