Monday, September 30, 2013

31 Days to a Powerful Prayer Life ~ Welcome!



As long as man has walked on the face of the earth, a wireless connection has existed. This connection is infinitely faster and more powerful than any computer or smart phone. And it’s available to all – from the most despicable drunk lying in the gutter to the wealthiest oil sheik with money dripping from his fingertips.

Prayer.

So why don’t we use this powerful connection more often? The God of the universe invites us to “Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things which you do not know.” (Jer. 33:3) And yet we stay silent. We worry. We fret. We try to fix things on our own. (Or at least I do!)

Prayer is a subject close to my heart this year. The word “pray” is the one word I chose to focus on in the year 2013. So when I decided to take the 31 Day Blogging Challenge again this year, prayer was a topic that rose to the top of my list. Not because I'm an expert. Or a prayer warrior. But because I want to be. I crave a more powerful connection with my Father, and He desires this for me as well.

So I hope you'll join me on this journey. I definitely don't have all the answers, but I'm going to dig deep into this vital subject of prayer and share what I discover with you. I hope you'll visit this page often for a link to each day's post! Thanks for reading!

Day 1 - Prayer: What's It All About?

Day 2  - Just a Prayer Away

Day 3 - Prayer, The Greater Work

Day 4 - How to Stop Making Your Grocery List When You Should Be Praying

Day 5 - Prayer: You Can Bank On It!

Day 6 - DIY Prayer Book

Day 7 - Why Worry When You Can Pray?

Day 8 - When There Are No Words

Day 9 - Disturb Us, Lord

Day 10 - Apron Prayers

Day 11 - Something to Think About

Day 12 - Prayer is the Key

Day 13 - Sunday Links

Day 14 -  Why Your Soul Needs Silence

Day 15 - Pray by Sanctus Real

Day 16 - Captivate Me: A Prayer

Day 17- Christians, Remember This

Day 18 - 31 Day Links

Day 19 - All Is Grace

Day 20 - Congratulations! You Have an All Access Pass!

Day 21 - On My Knees

Day 22 - He Is Praying for You

Day 23 - An Incredible Inheritance

Day 24 - Prayer for a Confident Heart

Day 25 - C. S. Lewis on Prayer

Days 26 & 27 - Weekend Links

Day 28 - One Prayer Can Make a Difference

Day 29 - Needing Direction?

Day 30 - Examining Our Doubts

Day 31 - Wrapping It Up
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

During the month of October, bloggers from far and wide are linking up their posts on one topic for 31 Days. Check it out at The Nester's blog!

i'm doing it!

 

4 comments:

  1. I'm excited to be following your posts over the next month, Julie! Blessings!
    -Shell x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for stopping by, Shelley! I'll be checking out your blog over the next month, too! LOVE the topic of thankfulness! Have you read Ann Voskamp's book, "One Thousand Gifts"?

      Delete
  2. "Not because I am...but because I want to be": Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your encouragement, Christa! Blessings to you as your write your "31 Days" series!

    ReplyDelete