Monday, January 21, 2008

Rise to the Occasion

Three weeks into the New Year, and this is only my second post. Shame on me. Well, actually, I've recently been blessed with two new freelance jobs and a speaking engagement, so blogging has to take a back seat. Not like it's ever been in the front seat, or even riding shotgun for that matter, but there have been a few months where I've been a bit more prolific blogger. I'm in the middle of preparing for a workshop on greeting card writing, writing a children's activity book for one company, and composing some poetry for an inspirational gift product line. Yippee! I love it! I've had quite a dry spell on freelance stuff, so bring it on!

Russ and I took the kids to see Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium at our local bargain theater last weekend. I know, I know, it got terrible reviews, but I thought it was a sweet and imaginative movie. So did the kids. And I absolutely love this quote by Mr. Magorium (played by Dustin Hoffman):


Your life is an occasion. Rise to it.


1 comment: