With Thanksgiving only 28 hours away, I thought it might be fun to post a little Pilgrim trivia on my blog. My friend, Stephanie, who shares my penchant for all things Pilgrim and Plymouth, should appreciate this! Last week, Steph graciously let me borrow a few of the books from her extensive Pilgrim collection. She also showed me pictures from her visit to Plimoth Plantation -- I'm so jealous! I keep trying to stump her with Pilgrim trivia questions, but she seems to have all the answers!
The kids and I have been studying the Pilgrims for the past few weeks, and I'm learning more and more about these brave souls and what they risked to come to America. It's absolutely amazing. Here are a few questions that may stump you (unless you're Stephanie):
1. How long did the Pilgrims live in Holland before leaving for the New World?
2. Which of William Brewster's children stayed behind in Holland and hoped to join the family later?
3. What was the name of the leaky ship that had to return to England?
4. Name the two babies born aboard the Mayflower.
5. Who was the first governor of Plymouth?
6. Who was the first friendly Indian that the Pilgrims encountered?
7. In what year did the Pilgrims celebrate the first Thanksgiving?
I'll try to post answers soon. Happy Thanksgiving everyone!