Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Oh Where, Oh Where Has My Lovely Beach Gone...


Last week at this time, I had a view like this. Today, well, you don't want to see my view, it's way too boring. Maybe "boring" is a bit harsh. I'm actually sitting in a local coffee shop, where I hang out every now and then to blog, write, and consume large amounts of sinfully delicious pastries. OK, I'm being really good tonight and so far (notice I said "so far") I've only had a salad. Don't feel sorry for me, though. It was a really, REALLY good salad with pecans, strawberries, blueberries, pineapple, oh, and some romaine lettuce thrown in for good measure. Oops, rabbit trail, sorry -- back to my vacation... As I was saying, man, I miss the beach! We went to Fort Walton Beach, Florida with my husband's family and had a wonderful holiday. The view of the fireworks from the beach was awesome! If you've never been to Florida's "Emerald Coast," as they call it, you should try it! It reminds me a lot of the Bahamas! I had such a relaxing time, and guess what? I read three books while I was gone! Stargirl by Jerry Spinelli (loved it!), Unveiled by Francine Rivers (ditto), and Ted Dekker's latest novel, Skin (that man really knows how to scare the pants off a person!). I guess now it's back to reality -- taking care of my three kids (My husband did a lot of playing in the ocean while Mom was reading! Thanks, honey!), cleaning, paying bills, blogging, writing, etc. Don't get me wrong -- I am extremely blessed and thankful for the life I have! But there's just something about the beach...

No comments:

Post a Comment