Thursday, August 30, 2012

Satisfied with God

Thoughts raced around my head like Indy cars on the track at the 500. I couldn't seem to shut my brain off, even though it was 4:30 a.m. and I'd been awake since 2:00.

In frustration I picked up my iPhone from the bedside table and looked up a Psalm. Tears clouded my vision as I felt the Psalmist's words speaking to my restless spirit:

As for me, I shall behold your face in righteousness; when I awake, I shall be satisfied with your likeness.   Psalm 17:15
Satisfied with God.  Are we, as flawed human beings, ever satisfied with anything? That's really our problem, isn't it? Always wishing for more, always regretting the past, always worrying about the future...

So what is the key to being satisfied with His likeness? I wondered. Then it dawned on me... the key is my vision. When I look into His face and see Him for who He truly is ~ the God of the Universe, the God who sees me in my bed at 4:30 a.m. tossing and turning, the God who knows my deepest thoughts ~ I will be truly satisfied.

Father, clear my vision and help me to behold Your face and be satisfied with You. Nothing else in this world will ever satisfy the deepest longings of my heart like You can. Thank You for being El Roi - The God Who Sees.

No comments:

Post a Comment