Thursday, January 19, 2012

On the Way to 1,000

I'm 11 days into The Joy Dare -- counting at least three gifts or graces from God every day until I get to 1,000 gifts (and probably not stopping there). So far, it hasn't been difficult to find an abundance of things to be thankful for; although, I must admit that I have simply forgotten to count my gifts on a few days.



How could I forget to be thankful? "Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good. His love endures forever." Psalm 136:1

Forgetting to be thankful should not be an option. Forgetting means I am not dwelling on the goodness of God. Am I so caught up in the things of this world that I am not captivated by His love?

The Psalmist reminds himself:

I remember the days of long ago;
I meditate on all your works
and consider what your hands have done.

Psalm 143:5

So today I will remember and be thankful for:


#26 ~ A Grace in the Kitchen... Bright yellow bananas with just a hint of green.


#27 ~ A Grace in the Weather... Beautiful, pristine snow, falling like grace from heaven (even though the country roads may be a bit difficult to navigate!)


#28 ~ A Grace that Might Never Have Been... My three beautiful children.

I was diagnosed with endometriosis when I was 26 years old. My doctor warned me that many women with this disease are unable to conceive. Two years after my diagnosis, I gave birth to our first baby girl. Two more blessings followed. But I never want to forget that these children, these amazing gifts from God are just that... GIFTS. Thank you, Lord, for giving me the privilege of being a mother!

No comments:

Post a Comment